Become a global leader in hand therapy
Western University’s one-year Upper Extremity Rehabilitation master’s program prepares experienced occupational and physical therapists to offer specialty care in upper extremity rehabilitation and gain advanced accreditation and recognition nationally and internationally.
Instruction is offered fully online (synchronous and asynchronous) and supplemented by face-to-face clinical mentorship experiences. The curriculum is mapped directly to the requirements for the Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) examination and offers advanced standing opportunities available for Certified Hand Therapists.
The program combines the academic, research and rehabilitation sciences expertise of Western’s Faculty of Health Sciences with that of the Roth McFarlane Hand and Upper Limb Clinic. These groups combine to offer a world-class education in the research, diagnosis, care and treatment of patients with complex conditions affecting
hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
Learn from a team of world-class experts in the field
· Mike Szekeres PhD, OT Reg (Ont), CHT
· Joy MacDermid PT, PhD
· Paul Parikh PT, DPT, PhD, FCAMPT
· Kristin Valdes OTD, OT, CHT
· Tara Packham PhD, OT Reg (Ont)
· Christos Karagiannopoulous MPT, MEd, PhD, ATC, CHT
· Pat McKee MSc, BSc(OT)
· Ann Porretto-Loehrke PT, DPT, CHT, COMT, CMTPT
· Ken Flowers PT, CHT
· Mike Cricchio MBA, OT/L, CHT
· Joey Pipicelli MScOT, CHT, OT Reg (Ont)
· Tracy Elliott BPHE, BSc (Hons), OT Reg (Ont)
· Juliana Larocerie OT Reg (Ont), MSc, CHT
· Graham King MD, MSc, FRCSC
Applications for September 2023 are OPEN and will be considered until all spaces in the program have been filled.